Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Big News

After a month of unemployment, sending out tons (I lost count) of resumes, a few workshops, eight interviews, a few rejections, and a lot of frustration I HAVE A JOB! Yay! I am now an event coordinator with United First Financial. I interviewed with them last week and thought that it would be a really cool job but I didn't know if I had enough experience. Then yesterday I got an e-mail saying that I they gave the job to someone else, I was a little bummed but thought oh well. Well this morning I had just gotten back from another interview and the people at United First Financial called and said that there had been some changes and they offered me the job. I started an hour and a half later. Conveniently the job is in Bluffdale, less then ten minutes from my house. So needless to say, I am very pleased to no longer be part of the world of the unemployed and I am excited about the new opportunities that I am going to have!

7 comments:

Kris said...

Congratulations Suzy. They picked the right person for the job!

K-SUN said...

Yay Suzy!

Rencher Fam said...

Congrats Suzy!

sallysue said...

hoo-rah!

Jenn -- said...

Hurray for you!

Amy Silva said...

Suzy, that's awesome! You'll be so good at that.

Unknown said...

yee haw!