Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Fall!

I know that many people mourn the end of the summer, but I love the fall! So happy second day of fall. There are many things that I love about the fall, and it is by far my favorite season. Here are some reasons (in no particular order) of why this is my favorite!

1. Football

2. Changing colors on the trees (I love this and I am wanting to go on one last 4-wheeler ride in the mountains to enjoy this)

3. Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving! The most incredible food ever(especially with the Anderson side)

4. Halloween. For myself I have never been one for the dressing up portion so much(as I had some crazy experiences as a child which I am sure I will write about when Halloween grows closer) but I love to see all the cute little kids dressed up and out trick-ore-treating. And lets just be honest, what is better than a Holiday all about giving out candy?

5. Cooler temperatures. I don't like how hot it gets in the summer. Without air conditioning I would be miserable. I love the cooler temperatures and the crispness in the air that comes with the fall. The temperatures are perfect.

6. The expansion of my wardrobe. I love my sweaters and cold weather clothes. They are just so cozy.

7. Apple Dumplings. If you have never ate this delectible dish you are missing out more than I could ever explain. This is my favorite dessert.

8. First days of School. I used to love the start of school. Remember that line off of "You've Got Mail" about freshly sharpened pencils? I always think about that line at the beginning of school/fall.

9. Reed and Tommy's Birthday. (November 18th) This is always a highlight of the fall. The last few years we have spent the boys birthday at a friends cabin.So fun!

10. Apple Cider/Juice. There is nothing like drinking good apple juice in the fall. Even better is warm apple cider. Oh I love this and it is perfect in the fall. Can you tell that I like apples?

Pretty much I love everything about the fall, and these are just a few of the reasons. Happy fall!

2 comments:

Samuel James Dunn, Esq. said...

Suzy I have to thank you for this. Honestly I've been a bit bummed about summer being over, but this little list has gone a long way towards brightening my attitude towards fall. So once again, thank you.

Heather O said...

I too am one that gets a bit sad when summer ends (maybe it is a dunn thing). Anyway I love apple dumplings and I am trying to have a better attitude about fall. That is a good list of things I like as well!