Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The First Day of School

I miss school. Is that lame? I went through years and years of school greatly anticipating graduation from BYU and now that I have been graduated for 16 months I miss it. I think that I miss it this time of year more then ever because everyone is going back to school. My little brother Tommy started last Wednesday and if I were still at the good old BY I would have started yesterday.

I love the first day of school. I love the anticipation of a new school year, of new learning opportunities, meeting new people, I love it all. When I was still living at home my mom always made a big breakfast and we took pictures out at the bus stop in our new school clothes. Those were the days.

I wish that I wouldn’t have been in such a hurry to graduate. I love going to school and being taught. It’s weird; I never imagined that I would miss it nearly as much as I do. I still feel like I should be loading up my backpack and heading up the hill to campus.

I guess I could always go back to school. Right now the thought of having to take tests and writing a thesis are just a little too much of a deterrent to go back for a masters.

1 comment:

Mauri said...

never say never! I never thought I'd go back to school . . .